We are a group of civically engaged and politically conscious scientists. We strongly believe in the important role that scientific literacy plays in modern democracy, and are firmly committed to idea of science as a public institution. We work on issues related to science outreach, communication, and advocacy on the local, state, and national level.
Vision: To bring about a world where policy is guided by evidence, compassion, and respect, and where the public has reliable access to scientific knowledge, and is empowered to demand effective, evidence-based policy grounded in science.
- Build a network of Princeton students, affiliates, and allies dedicated to evidence-based policy and to researching and effectively communicating science and policy measures.
- Develop our capacity as researchers, policy-analysts, communicators, and active participants in the democratic process.
- Provide an independent, scientific analysis of key policy issues in the public interest.
- Inform, engage, and communicate with the public by any and all available methods.
- Demand science not be antithetical to the public interest by supporting open, ethical practices and policies in the scientific community.
- Support democratic institutions and fight for our ideals by organizing and taking political action. We are determined to communicate directly with our government officials and to protest where necessary.
- Collective action and democracy,
- Respect, compassion, and human rights,
- Evidence, transparency, inclusivity, freedom of expression, and
- A dedication to education and progress.